Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
Salary: $55,000.00 /year
Provides technical support to clients both onsite and remotely by researching and answering questions and troubleshooting desktop, server, and network problems. Responsible for providing excellent customer service through installing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and upgrading client systems and equipment. Provides technical support and mentorship to Tier I technicians.
Duties and responsibilities
- Administer network and data security, including directory, group policy, firewalls, virus protection, and email security.
- Perform data backups to ensure all company-owned work is saved.
- Install and update network system improvements.
- Install and configure wireless networking equipment.
- Monitor servers, LAN/WAN, and Wi-Fi to ensure full coverage.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and support of new software and features.
- Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, software, and hardware.
- Respond to IT issues; hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc.
- Provide helpdesk and technical support either by phone, remote access, or site visits.
- Oversee troubleshooting for system errors.
- Set up equipment for new users and employees.
- Consult with vendors and clients to integrate and update company technology.
- Ensure system optimization for all technology resources.
- Provides solutions to clients by identifying and resolving problems both onsite and remotely; researching answers and providing hands-on solutions.
- Maintain client documentation within MSP toolsets.
- Improve system performance by identifying problems; recommending changes.
- Work with other technicians to maintain service level agreement requirements.
- Manage projects, including upgrades and server and cloud migrations.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Accomplish business growth and organization mission by completing related tasks as needed.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business or technology preferred
- Four + years technical support experience, both onsite and remote
- Familiarity with MSP toolsets and practices
- Customer-focused and able to adapt/respond to different types of situations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Preferred Certifications or Equivalent Experience
WatchPoint provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WatchPoint complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
WatchPoint expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WatchPoint’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.